Vacancies & Volunteering
Visit the Hamwic Education Trust website Opportunities page to see latest vacancies or see further details below
Currently Recriting for:
- Y6 Class Teacher and Upper KS2 Leader with Maths Leadership
- Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Year R Class Teacher with Early Years Leadership
SCHOOL: Harefield Primary School
HOURS: Full time 32.5hrs ( 52 weeks )
SALARY: MPS/UPS with TLR 2.1
CLOSING DATE: 16th April 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 26th April 2021
START DATE: 1st September 2021 (or as soon as possible)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our leadership team. We are looking for a motivated, highly organised, impactful middle leader who shares our ambition to help all the pupils in our care achieve their fullest potential. You will join our team at an exciting time of change for the school to lead the development of our Early Years so that it provides excellence in every aspect of provision for our youngest pupils.
We are seeking to appoint an expert Early Years classroom practitioner, who routinely models best practice. Candidates should be able to evidence how their practice and leadership positively influences the progress young children make from the time they begin school. They should demonstrate an ability to influence the practice of other staff and a commitment to ongoing professional development. They should be able to build strong partnerships with parents and be knowledgeable about the changes that are due to take place in the Early Years curriculum and assessment from September 2021.
Responsibilities of this post include:
• Ensuring a secure Early Years foundation through planning for the learning and development of
each individual child
• Securing quality and consistency across the Early Years provision, so that every child makes
good progress and no child gets left behind
• Leading the strategic development of an ambitious Early Years curriculum, resourcing vibrant and interesting learning spaces, both indoors and outdoors that help children to know and do more
• Developing the role and impact of adults in the provision so that they effectively respond to children’s individual interests and needs and help them to build their learning over time
• Evaluating and reporting on the quality of education in the early years
• Managing a budget for curriculum, securing value for money
• Leading assessment of Early Years, including statutory reporting and moderation, in partnership with SLT
The successful candidate will not only benefit from the support of committed teaching and support staff, but also be part of a team, which is enthusiastically driving the school forward, and building upon its achievements.
We believe that it is not just qualifications but personal qualities that will make you an ideal candidate to join our team. We are looking for someone who will bring genuine enthusiasm and a passionate desire to make a difference to children to the role. We are looking for someone who holds the belief that irrespective of background and starting points, that all children can and will be successful in their learning.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please contact Paula Burgess, School Business Manager 02380 463240 to arrange.
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please contact Paula Burgess via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02380 463240 for an application pack.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.