Vacancies & Volunteering
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
ROLE: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
SCHOOL: Harefield Primary School
HOURS: 12.5 hours PW / 44.5 weeks per year / 39 working weeks
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term until 31.08.2021
SALARY: GRADE 7 / £25,481 / FTE: £7116.88
CLOSING DATE: 12Noon / Friday 6th November 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 11th November 2020
START DATE: Immediate
We are seeking to appoint a flexible and positive HLTA to help deliver catch-up interventions in either Y2 or Y6 as soon as possible, on a fixed term contract. The successful candidate will predominantly deliver catch up interventions but may be required to release class teachers to deliver interventions themselves.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about teaching and inspiring children, and who has a ‘can do’ attitude. Previous experience of delivering high quality lessons in these specific Year Groups would be preferred.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant school community in the Harefield area of Southampton.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities
- To work with and support children with a variety of needs on a class, group or individual basis (predominantly on a group basis).
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description for Cleaner and complete the application form which can be found at www.hamwic.org and return to Paula Burgess, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.