Vacancies & Volunteering
SCHOOL: Harefield Primary School
HOURS: 25 hours per week / 44.5 weeks per year / 39 working weeks
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term until 31.08.2023
SALARY: GRADE 6
CLOSING DATE: 12 Noon / Friday 21st January 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: 26th January 2022
START DATE: Immediate (as soon as possible)
Due to the ongoing global pandemic, the school would like to expand our team of Teaching Assistants who are integral in supporting the rapid catch up in learning of pupils across the school. We are seeking to appoint individuals who are flexible and positive in their approach to learning and are able to support the classroom team to deliver catch-up interventions across the school. These exciting new posts will be appointed on fixed term contracts until the end of the academic year 22/23.
All of our Teaching Assistants support our teachers and are part of a learning team which provides a learning environment that enables all pupils to access the curriculum and achieve their very best.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about teaching and inspiring children, and who has a ‘can do’ attitude to learning.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and person specification for Teaching Assistant below and complete the application form.
All completed applications should be emailed to Paula Burgess, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.