Vacancies & Volunteering
1:1 Teaching Assistant
ROLE: 1:1 Teaching Assistant
SCHOOL: Harefield Primary School
HOURS: 25 hours
Weeks per Year: 39 working week / 44.5 Paid Weeks
SALARY: £ 12,933 to £14,161
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 7th July 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 12th July 2021
START DATE: As soon as possible
Harefield Primary School are looking for a friendly, flexible and professional Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child joining our school.
All our teaching assistants support our teachers in providing a learning environment that enables all children to access the curriculum and learn to the best of their ability.
We place the learning outcomes of our pupils as our top priority and ensure all of our children have the opportunity to achieve and exceed their potential.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic person To work with and support an identified child with specified academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs on an individual basis
We would like you to have:
- A minimum of a level 2 qualification in supporting teaching and learning (or similar)
- Training or a qualification in ASD /ADHD
- Good understanding of developing speech and language
- Knowledge of Makaton would be useful
- To be able to work well in a team
- High expectations of achievement and behaviour
- The ability to form good relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- Positivity, resilience and to enjoy working with children
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Children who are lively and excited about their learning
- Staff who work collaboratively to improve outcomes for children
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A supportive environment which enable you to professionally grow
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form which can be found at www.hamwic.org and return to Paula Burgess at email@example.com
THE EDWIN JONES PARTNERSHIP
The Edwin Jones Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.