Hamwic Education Trust
Harefield Primary School is proud to be part of the Hamwic Education Trust (HET) - one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the South of England. Its academies work in local community partnerships based in Southampton, Portsmouth, Poole and East Dorset.
Hamwic Education Trust Ethos
Hamwic Education Trust celebrates the uniqueness of pupils, staff and schools, and aims for everyone to achieve their full potential through the pathways of opportunities available.
It aims to achieve this by:
- Supporting and challenging the Trust schools’ leaders, staff and pupils to achieve their best, ensuring the Trust has the skills and expertise to do this
- Providing a safe and enabling learning environment for all
- Ensuring that every pupil has the same opportunities to be successful
- Providing opportunities for the complete learning journey for our pupils and staff
- Ensuring schools have the resources they need for learning
- Recognising and respecting the individuality of each school and setting
- Facilitating communities of schools working together for the benefit of all, both in partnerships and across the wider Trust
- Inclusive – opportunities for all
- Supportive– health and well-being
- Collaborative– recognising that the sum is bigger than the individual parts
- Respectful – of each other, our people and pupils
- Outward-facing – learning from each other and outside of the Trust
- Empowering – staff and pupils to take a collective responsibility for learning
- Open and honest – transparent in our decision making
- All pupils to make expected progress or better
- All schools to be judged good or better by Ofsted
- To be an Employer of Choice – recruit, develop and retain the best
- All schools and Trust to be financially sustainable
- All schools to have a safe learning environment that supports learning and development
Edwin Jones Partnership - Southampton
Harefield Primary School is in Hamwic’s Edwin Jones Partnership with the following schools:
- Beechwood Junior School
- Glenfield Infant School
- Ludlow Infant School
- Townhill Infant School
- Weston Shore Infant School
- Weston Park Primary School
- Weston Secondary School
Together with our partner schools, we work to improve standards and practice, developing the curriculum and identifying strengths. We share a commitment to making a positive difference to our children and their families through a nurturing, caring ethos and raising aspirations within our community.
The partnership brings professional expertise and experience to secure the highest possible achievement for all. All aspects of our work will have a clear focus on improvement in the skills of our pupils, staff and community on sustaining measurable impact.
Our aim is to continue to develop our united learning community through a network of leaders and practitioners committed to sharing successful practice. We think and work differently and use new opportunities to ensure all learners remain at the heart of education. We aim to develop passionate life-long learners who are able to make a positive contribution to society.
Hamwic Education Trust - Key Information
Company no: 10749662
CEO: Robert Farmer
Trust Board Chair: Alison Wrighton