You are here:
- > Awards
At Harefield Primary School we recognise the need to reward good behaviours. We use positive reinforcements whenever possible to praise and reinforce excellence in:
- Attitudes to learning
Below are some of the examples of rewards given at our school:
- Daily Dot/Star of the week
- Redemption Factor: Peer Mediators may be used
- Golden time - Daily Dot = 5 mins. Held Friday afternoon. KS1 10 mins extra play and KS2 quiet activities in classroom. Circle time with children who have lost daily dot/star. 1 teacher to run this.
- Attendance Oscar and 95% and 100% certificates in KS1 and KS2.
- We give weekly and half-termly certificates in KS1 and KS2, we also have a mascot SAM (School Attendance Matters) who visits the class with the best attendance.
- Stars of the week are selected in each class weekly. This recognises (any) achievement by children. This in turn raises self esteem.
- Sticker charts continue to use present systems in KS1 and KS2. KS1: weekly smiley face for gaining dot each day. Certificate presented after 4 weeks stickers gained. KS2: sticker charts awarding work, effort, behaviour and attitude.
- Roll of Honour - each class teacher selects children weekly to receive a roll of honour for outstanding work.